Camp Pinebrook’s own medical professional, known affectionately as Nurse Gail, is a friendly face campers see all around Pinebrook — popping into bunks and activities to check in, always at lunch, and otherwise in her well equipped office for any medical concerns or minor boo boos around the clock.
Here are a few fun things to know about the capable and very experienced nurse who is here to take care of your children:
- Nurse Gail is incredibly experienced — she’s a veteran RN who has been practicing for 45 years!
- During the rest of the year Gail can be found taking care of children at a local elementary school in Mt. Vernon. She tends to children there from kindergarten all the way to 7th grade.
- A New Yorker through and through, Gail was born in the Bronx and has lived in NY her whole life.
- Nurse Gail is also Grandma Gail! One of her favorite things to do is enjoy hugs with her four grandchildren, and they also all love to bake cakes together.
- In her spare time, Gail is quite crafty, enjoying knitting and crocheting whenever the time allows.